Physical Therapy of Tulsa is excited to provide Telehealth services allowing you to have face-to-face physical therapy sessions with one of our specialists without leaving your home.
How does Telehealth at Physical Therapy of Tulsa work?
You can schedule a Telehealth virtual visit by calling our clinic at 918-494-3000. We will find a time that works for you and gather some necessary information.
We will then direct you to our website to fill out the appropriate forms or we can email you the links to the forms. Just follow the links provided and fill out the forms on-line.
On the day of your visit we will send you a link via email or text. A few minutes prior to your scheduled visit time, just click the link and we will be with you shortly.
What equipment do I need?
No special equipment beyond your computer or mobile phone is needed.
There are no complicated app downloads to worry about. You will only need a web browser such Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (Mac/iphone).
If you are using a computer, make sure it has a camera and microphone.
How do I start the visit?
We will send you a link via email or text, whichever you prefer. Just click the link 5-10 minutes before your scheduled time. You will be sent to a webpage that will ask you to check in by entering your name.
You will then be asked to enable your camera and microphone. Allow doxy.me to access your camera and microphone and then wait for your therapist to join you.
Is this HIPAA compliant?
Absolutely! We use a HIPAA-compliant web-based service called doxy.me. No recordings or photos will be taken without your consent.
Does my insurance pay for Telehealth?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic most insurance companies have begun paying for Telehealth visits. When you call to set up your appointment, we will get your insurance information so that we can confirm your benefits. We will let you know what is covered so there will be no surprises.
What if I need to come into the clinic for an in-person session?
Your Telehealth visits will not limit your ability to see your therapist in-person. If you or your therapist decides that it would be best to see you in-person, we will set up a time for you.
What can I do to make sure I have the best Telehealth experience?
- Please make sure that you have filled out all of the forms we send to you in advance. We cannot begin your visit until you have completed the forms.
- Check that no one else in your home is streaming video while you are having your Telehealth session. Video streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube, may compete for your internet resources resulting in a poor video and audio connection during your visit.
- Verify you have a strong wifi signal if you will be using wifi for your internet connection.
- Close all unused programs on your device.
- Update to the latest version of your browser (most are set to auto-update).
- Enter your visit 5-10 minutes prior to your scheduled time so that you can click the Pre-Call Test button in the lower left-hand corner of your screen. Doxy.me will run a quick test to make sure everything will be prepared for your visit.
- Be in a well-lit location with enough room that your therapist can watch you move.
- Wear comfortable, but snug fitting, clothes so your therapist can see you move.
What if I need to reschedule my visit?
Life happens. We understand. Please call our clinic to reschedule 24 hours prior to your scheduled visit time.